IIT full form – IIT is the institution where most of the 11th 12th students studying from the science stream after passing tenth want to go. But due to a lack of proper guidance and information, many students do not get complete information about institutes like IITs even after the 12th.
Almost all Indian students and parents have heard the name of IITs but many are not fully aware of IIT, what is IIT, and what are the benefits of getting a pass out from IIT? I sincerely hope that through this article, you will know the full form of IIT and complete information related to it.
Through this post, how do you find the qualification to go to IIT and get admission to IIT college? You will be able to know the answer to all such questions in this article.
iit full form – What is the full form of IIT?
“Indian Institute of Technology”
What is IIT?
IIT is a group of technology education institutes set up by the Government of India to provide high-quality education for students.
IIT is one of the most prestigious educational institutions not only in India but also in the world. Through these institutions, many high-level scientists, researchers, technologists, and engineers from all over the country come out.
which is the oldest iit in india?
The first IIT institute of India is IIT Kharagpur which was established in 1951 by the Government of India. Today India has a total of 23 IITs located in different states and parts of the country. Lakhs of students study in these institutes.
iit full form – When it comes to engineering, the name of IIT comes first because it is the most prestigious institute in India and millions of skilled and capable engineers come out of these institutes who work in big companies like Google, Microsoft, and Facebook.
Generally, admission to IITs is taken after the outside class. To get admission to these institutions, two entrance exams have to be removed. These exams are also called one of the toughest exams in the world.
All IIT institutes are autonomous institutions, that is, all their courses and rules are made by the IIT institute itself.
How can I get admission in IIT?
Students have to clear JEE main first to get admission in IIT colleges.
After this, the top 2.5 lac students who clear JEE main, give JEE advanced exam for admission in IIT. The top one lakh students who pass it get admission in IITs.
IIT College has different courses called ‘branches’. Such as civil engineering, software engineering branch, etc. Students who get high rank get the opportunity to do software engineering for BTech whereas low ranked students have to study in branches like mechanical, civil engineering.
what is the full form of JEE?
JEE’s full form is the Joint Entrance Exam.
What is JEE mains?
JEE Mains is the national level entrance exam that is required to get admission in undergraduate engineering courses BTech & BE in NIT, IIIT, and CFTI colleges. (iit full form)
The JEE Mains exam will be conducted 4 times a year from 2021 by NTA (National Testing Agency). These exams will be held in February, March, April, and May. It occurs in computer-based mode. JEE Mains is conducted in 13 languages which are English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
Note that passing the JEE Main Exam does not provide admission to IITs, because after giving JEE Main exam to go to IITs, one has to clear the jee advance exam.
JEE Mains has two papers – one for admission to B.tech and the other for B.Arch admission.
In some states, it is also necessary to pass the JEE Main exam for admission in State Engineering Colleges, although for this, confirm with the state authorities.
The official website of JEE main is jeemain.nta.nic.in.
What is JEE advanced?
JEE Advanced is the post-JEE mains exam to get admission in IITs.
It is conducted every year by one of the seven IITs including IIT Kharagpur, IIT Kanpur, IIT Madras, IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore. The examination is conducted under the supervision of the Joint Admission Board (JAB).
JEE advanced has an official website – jeeadv.ac.in.
When to start preparing for IIT?
If you really want to get admission in IIT? If you want to do IIT, then the right time to start preparing for it is in 11th class after passing 10th.
Almost all the students who go to the IIT start preparing for the IIT entrance exams after finishing their tenth. These students join a coaching institute and also study 11th, 12th.
What is the qualification for IIT?
Aspirants are required to pass class XII from science class to do IIT.
Note that it is mandatory to have Physics & Mathematics on the outside while Chemistry or Biotechnology is necessary as the third subject. Along with this, it is necessary to be 75% in 12th to go to IIT. There is also a provision of a small discount in percentage for SC, ST.
What is IIT Exam Pattern?
This exam is considered very difficult. In this, questions of Physics, Chemistry, and Maths are asked.
IIT exam pattern is as follows:
|JEE Mains Exam Pattern||For B.Tech / B.E.||For B.Arch||For B.Planning|
|Subject||Physics, Chemistry & Math’s||Math’s, Aptitude Test & Drawing Test||Math’s, Aptitude Test, & Planning|
|Number of questions||75 (25 questions from each subject)||77||100|
|Time||3 hours||3 hours||3 hours|
|Mode of examination||computer||Computer, Pen & Paper (for drawing)||computer|
Difference between IIT and NIT
You have learned about what is IIT. Now we get to know about NIT.
What is the full form of NIT?
NIT’s full form is “National Institute of Technology”.
- For admission in IITs, both Jee mains & Advanced have to be cracked while in NITs only JEE can go through Mains.
- Both can be considered equal in education and placement level but IIT is considered better.
- IITs are funded more by the government, due to which research papers and projects are published by IITs while less in NITs.
Overall, IITs are better than NITs.
What is IIT Jam?
The full form of IIT Jam is the Indian Institute of Technology – Joint Admission Test for MSc.
To participate in this examination, students must have a Bachelor’s degree (Graduation). Through this, students pursuing courses like B.Sc get admission in IIT institutes for world-class education.
How many IIT colleges are there in India?
There are a total of 23 IIT colleges in India. These are:
1. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
2. Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
3. Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
4. Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
5. Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
6. Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
7. Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
8. Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar
9. Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar
10. Indian Institute of Technology, Jodhpur
11. Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
12. Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
13. Indian Institute of Technology, Indore
14. Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi
15. Indian Institute of Technology, Tirupati
16. Indian Institute of Technology, Dhanbad
17. Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar
18. Indian Institute of Technology, Bhilai
19. Indian Institute of Technology, Goa
20. Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi
21. Indian Institute of Technology, Jammu
22. Indian Institute of Technology, Palakkad
23. Indian Institute of Technology, Dharwad.
Benefits of studying from IIT
- It is the largest educational institution in India and gets high-quality education, it is the best resource for engineering or any other course.
- These institutes have the best professors to teach, who are well-known names in their field.
- IITs have the most brilliant minds in India.
- Students studying in IITs also get scholarships as financial help.
- After studying from here, you get an opportunity to go to world-renowned universities for internships.
- Apart from studies, there are a lot of extra activities as well.
- Apart from this, the biggest thing is that after going to IIT, people get to know you, and your respect increases.
Frequently Asked Questions about IIT
What is the age for IIT?
IITs are done after the 12th. Just as many students do BA or BSc for graduation, similarly, there is a BTech or BE graduation course (engineering) on admission to IIT.
How many years are there in IIT?
It takes 4 years to get a Bachelor of Engineering degree at IIT. If someone does a master’s course with a bachelor’s degree, such as a dual degree, then its duration is 5 years.
What is the minimum percentile required for IIT?
For admission in IIT, it is mandatory to have 75% in general and OBC category students, while 65% minimum is required for SC, ST, & PwD candidates.
When is the IIT exam?
The JEE mains exam takes place twice a year, and the JEE advanced exam takes place once a year. The JEE Mains exam takes place every year in January and April and in Advanced May.
Who conducts IIT exams?
The JEE Mains examination to be held at IITs is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), while JEE Advanced is conducted by one of the top seven IITs in India under the aegis of the Joint Admission Board.
Difference between iit and iti
IIT means Indian Institute of Technology is a graduation level course while ITI is a diploma course. An ITI can also be passed by an eighth or tenth pass whereas an IIT cannot.
- Best essay on pollution in 500+ Words
- BBA Full form – What is the full form of BBA?
- iit full form – 7 amazing benefits of getting into IIT?
- bsc full form- Do you know these 2 full forms of B.Sc?
- full form of india- You will be stunned to know these 21 names of India.
We hope you liked this article ‘What are the benefits of getting into IIT?’ If you have any questions related to IIT, then definitely ask through comment. If you liked this article, then do not forget to share it on social media.