Yes, you can download your Aadhar card. You can easily download it online and print it on your mobile or computer based on a few steps. Today in this article we will understand how to download Aadhar Card. And what you need to have for that.
Aadhar card is one of the most important documents for Indians. Aadhaar is our identity and it is proof that we are citizens of India. We use it in our daily life as proof of our identity.
In almost all government offices, banks, and others we use our Aadhar card as an identity card and it is also considered valid. So you need to have an Aadhar card.
Most of us have Aadhar card but if for some reason our Aadhar is lost, missing, or damaged then you can download it online on your mobile and also print it out. Let’s learn how to download Aadhar Card.
How Aadhar card got started?
The Unique Identification Authority of India was established in January 2009 under the Planning Board of the Central Government. On September 29, 2010, the first distribution under Aadhar Yojana was made to Ranjana Sonawane, a woman from Tembali village in Nandurbar district of Maharashtra. And it became the first village in the country to get an Aadhar card.
The Aadhar card was released in the presence of then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, United Progressive Democratic Alliance president Sonia Gandhi and then UIDAI chairman Nandan Nilekani.
For registration of the Aadhaar number and use of these numbers in various schemes and accounts, the Authority has sanctioned 35 States-Union Territories as well as the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Public Banks. LIC, Indira Gandhi National Open University. Various banks, accounts, and ministries have gradually allowed the use of Aadhar card as an identity card and proof of address for their schemes or programs.
As of February 15, 2016, about 97.69 crore Aadhaar numbers or cards have been distributed, which means that the scheme has reached about 75.8% of the population. According to the Indian Economic Survey Report 2015-16, Aadhaar has played an important role in 6 Direct Benefit Transfer Schemes.
54.96% in LPG subsidy distribution, 54.10% in Mananrega scheme, 42.45% in Jan Dhan Yojana, 38.96% in the public distribution system, 24.31% in National Social Assistance Scheme, and 17.55% in Kamgar provident fund scheme. The base is the largest pillar.
Importance of Aadhar Card
It is the largest biometric identification scheme in the world. The scheme for Indian residents is regulated by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology of the Central Government. The scheme has statutory support as per the Aadhaar Act 2016.
The number is used to identify beneficiaries of social security and government assistance schemes, as well as to identify individuals in all government-related transactions. The central government has been urging the government to link Aadhaar with various services such as bank accounts, mobile border cards, employee provident fund schemes, public distribution, and other accounts.
Under this scheme, Aadhaar numbers of over 1 billion 20 crore people in India have been created. Under Aadhaar, individuals in India are given a 12-digit number based on the uniqueness of the biometric and other details they provide.
Requirements for downloading Aadhar Card
Here are some things you need to do to download Aadhar Card to your mobile or computer.
- To download an Aadhaar card, your mobile number must be linked to Aadhar.
- You need to know your Aadhaar number.
If you fulfill these two things, you can easily download your Aadhar card. Let us know how to do it step by step.
How to download Aadhar card using Aadhar number
We will learn in detail about the many ways to download Aadhaar card. So that you can easily download Aadhar card.
1. First go to the official website of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
2. Click on My Aadhaar on the Home page of UIDAI website.
3. Click on My Aadhaar and you will see the Download Aadhaar option.
4. A new page will open, click on Aadhaar Number in the I have section.
5. Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number below.
6. Below is the check-box for Masked Aadhaar, if you want to hide your Aadhaar then click on it otherwise it is not required.
7. Below you will see the Captcha picture
8. Click on Send OTP button below.
9. If you have an OTP on your mobile, drop it.
10. You will see a survey of Aadhar card, select any answer in it.
11. Now click on Verify & Download, your Aadhar card has started downloading.
How to download Aadhar Card with Enrollment ID
When you apply for an Aadhar Card or change of name, date of birth, change of mobile number, you get a receipt from Aadhar Center. On which you get an enrollment ID of 14 digits.
If you have forgotten your Aadhar number, you can download your Aadhar card through this Enrollment ID. How? Let’s find out!
1. Go to the UIDAI website.
2. Click on Download Aadhaar option.
3. A new page will open, click on the I have Enrollment ID option.
4. Enter your 14 digit Enrollment ID in the column below.
5. Below this you will have the option to enter Date & Time, fill in the date and time on the receipt.
6. Below is a picture, fill in the Captcha Code correctly and click on Send OTP.
7. If you have an OTP on your mobile number, type it.
8. Click on Download Aadhaar option.
9. In a few seconds, your Aadhar card will be downloaded.
What password to enter after downloading the Aadhar card
Now you have downloaded your Aadhar card but if you try to delete that file you will have to enter the password on the screen.
This password is generated from your Date Of Birth. Contains the first English 4 character capital of your name. Suppose your name is Sachin and you were born in 1990 then your password will be SACH1990.
How to download Aadhar card by name or date of birth
Suppose if you forget your Aadhar number and also lose the receipt containing your Enrollment ID, you can download the Aadhar card according to your date of birth.
Using this option you can get your Aadhar number on mobile and then download your Aadhar card from your Aadhar number. So let’s understand exactly what this process is like!
1. Go to the UIDAI website.
2. Here you will see a form in which you have to fill in some details. If you want to get your Aadhar number on your mobile, first click on the Aadhar Number option.
3. Enter your full name here, as printed on your Aadhar card.
4. Enter your mobile number or email id in one of the columns below.
5. Below is a picture to fill in the Captcha. Look at it and type the exact Captcha.
6. Click on the Send OTP button.
7. An OTP message will be sent to your mobile number. Enter the OTP there.
8. Click on Login button below.
9. As soon as you login, your Aadhar card number will be sent to your mobile.
Now you have your Aadhaar number. You can download Aadhar card using Aadhar number using the above options.
How to download Aadhaar card without Aadhaar number
For security reasons, if you want to download an Aadhar card without an Aadhar number, you can download Masked Aadhaar Card online and print it out. So let’s understand how to download an Aadhar card without an Aadhar number.
1. Go to the UIDAI website.
2. Click on My Aadhaar and click on Download Aadhaar option.
3. Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number.
4. Click on the Masked Aadhaar check-box below.
5. Now Verify Captcha
6. Click on Send OTP button.
7. If you have an OTP on your mobile, enter it.
8. Click on Download Aadhaar, your Masked Aadhaar will be downloaded in a few seconds.
How to download Aadhar card without mobile number
Nowadays, if you want to download your Aadhar card, your mobile number must be linked to Aadhar. If not, you cannot download an Aadhar card.
How to link mobile number with Aadhaar?
1. Go to the official Aadhaar Center to link the mobile number with Aadhaar.
2. You get a form to link the mobile number with Aadhaar, fill it in and fill in your personal mobile number.
3. Also, update your eye and fingerprints for biometric authentication.
4. Rs. 50 form fee. A fee will be charged and you will be given a receipt with the Enrollment ID.
5. In 15 to 30 days your mobile number will be linked to an Aadhar card. Now with an Aadhar number, you can download your Aadhar Card using the above option.
I hope you like this article, how to download Aadhar card? Would have liked it. I always make an honest effort to study and write articles so that you don’t have to look for other websites for information.
Share this article with your friends, family, relatives who want to update Aadhaar card and also have a curiosity about blogging, want to create a blog, make a lot of money by blogging.
because sharing is caring ❤️